Friday, January 11, 2013

Dreams do come true

I was reading my old blog yesterday and I found this old post.


One of my favorite verses that I've stood on for many years is Jeremiah 29:11. In fact I wrote a whole post on it a year or so ago about it. 

Jeremiah 29:11

New Living Translation (NLT)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 
In March of 2010 I made a choice to end my marriage. Without getting into the crazy details, it was best for my children and I to leave and move in with my parents. I really can't describe the emotions I felt then, relief, sadness, questioning if I had made the right choice.  I was raised in a Christian home where divorce was certainly not an option. I think that addiction, that never seems to end changed my mind. I was a good wife, I prayed, I loved and I picked up the pieces. Sadly I began to live for my children and convinced myself that that's what marriage was about. I came to realize that to live for my children meant stepping away. 
I spent quite a bit of time in bed after I came to live with my parents. They were so good in helping me enroll the kids in new schools and acclimate them to life in Oklahoma. They made room in their home, in their lives and in their hearts for our daily life with them. My eyes tear up at what all they have done for me. 

Ever so slowly I started picking up my feet to take steps toward my future. Before the girls were born I had been a teacher. I reevaluated my life to see if that's where I wanted to be. I started subbing and remembered that I did in fact love to teach! I pursued several other job possibilities and more than anything waited on God. 

The school year started in August and about 2 weeks before that I decided that I should have been applying for jobs. Oops! I started subbing and then got called to be a full time substitute. I worked there for about 2 weeks planning on being there for a while. Then I got a call to take over and be a full time teacher! God is so good!

Alright I see how you have a plan for me God! What's next?

Through some different events and friends I met a really great friend named Allen. I certainly was not looking to marry right away but having a really great friend was awesome! Allen and I hit off right away. I look back amazed at how we spent so much time on the phone and continued holding regular jobs. 

Describing how our friendship grew, well words escape me. Some key points about Allen: Allen is deeply in love with Jesus. The compassion that he has for others is amazing. Time and time again I've seen him put others before himself. I've certainly learned so much from him! He has a now 20 year old daughter who he loves with all his heart! He is a hard worker and a true friend!  I would definitely say that Allen has brought out the best in me and made me a better person! He also has a really neat relationship with my daughters. I am truly blessed by that!

Allen and I got married this last August! So many wonderful details I've left out but the most important thing is that God is the center of our marriage!

What has brought me to this day of introspection was a book I am reading. I've always read Karen Kingsbury. She is definitely one of my favorite authors. She has written many books about the Baxter family. A family that loves each other, goes to church together and truly puts others before themselves. There were every day details in the book that my life was missing before. IT's been a while since I've picked up the series. Today I read the book through tears, as I now have that life! 


God is so good! During the really hard and trying times it is so hard to trust in Jesus and yet so incredibly necessary! Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." If only we could read the book and find out how it finishes up. 
Now I wait on God to see what other plans you have for me! I will always enjoy the journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment